THE STORY SO FAR Once upon a time some crazies from the Tri club decided it was time to make Triathlon not only accessible by all levels of fitness but to make it outrageously fun! Mix in the odd costume and a worthy charity and boom! Along came the Col Pearce Corporate Triathlon.
The Tri has raised over $40000 for a number of causes over the years however Cancer has always been close to its heart after losing its patron Col Pearce to cancer after competing in his first corporate Triathlon. 2018 is the year of the relaunch and judging by the interest so far will be a run away success!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* Register by yourself or dob in a team of 3 for the 300m swim, 10km ride and 3km run.
* The event will be based at Hervey Bay Surf Lifesaving Club, safe waters, closed road and a cool path to run on. Safety is always first, we'll have plenty of Lifesavers at your beck and call!
* Costumes add to the fun but they're optional and purely your choice.
* Enjoy the day and take your time, yep, take your time!! All you need to do is work out your nominated finish time before registrations. Winners are determined by who is closest to their estimate. This might sound easy but with all timing devices banned it can be a real challenge. The closest we've had is 20 seconds.......
* We'll have plenty of info being posted on the Facebook page on the lead up, a few practise sessions for newbies and even some helpful gun triathletes on the day to help you out.
The Col Pearce Corporate Triathlon has been a passionate supporter of Cancer related causes for many years. 2018 has seen the event partner with the Rally For Cause organisation, famous for the local "Dunga Derby" fundraiser. Rally for a Cause is run by local volunteers consisting of Fraser Coast business identities. Funds raised are donated directly to identified Fraser Coast locals facing challenging health conditions. All profits from the Corporate Triathlon will be administered by the Rally For A Cause committee and passed on to deserving locals affected by Cancer.
Click on the attached link and find out more about Rally For a Cause and the great work they are doing in our community!
Over the years the Col Pearce Corporate Triathlon has been fortunate to have some outstanding support from local business. 2018 will be no different, the committee have been approached by some very excited business owners keen to jump on board to help. The first to raise their hand was the awesome team at Envision Partners. Bron and her team have not only put up hard earned cash but offered to provide hands on support. Thanks Bron!!
Click on the sponsor logos below to check out their websites: