THE STORY SO FAR Once upon a time some crazies from the Tri club decided it was time to make Triathlon not only accessible by all levels of fitness but to make it outrageously fun! Mix in the odd costume and a worthy charity and boom! Along came the Col Pearce Corporate Triathlon.
The Tri has raised over $45000 for Cancer having been close to its heart after losing its patron Col Pearce to cancer after competing in his first corporate Triathlon. 2023 see's ythe evnt now supporting the Youth Mentoring program at the Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre! Fin out more at HBNC.COM.AU
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* Register by yourself or dob in a team of 3 for the 300m swim, 10km ride and 3km run.
* The event will be based at Hervey Bay Surf Lifesaving Club, safe waters, closed road and a cool path to run on. Safety is always first, we'll have plenty of Lifesavers at your beck and call!
* Costumes add to the fun but they're optional and purely your choice.
* Enjoy the day and take your time, yep, take your time!! All you need to do is work out your nominated finish time before registrations. Winners are determined by who is closest to their estimate. This might sound easy but with all timing devices banned it can be a real challenge. The closest we've had is 20 seconds.......
* We'll have plenty of info being posted on the Facebook page on the lead up, a few practise sessions for newbies and even some helpful gun triathletes on the day to help you out.
Over the years the Col Pearce Corporate Triathlon has been fortunate to have some outstanding support from local business. 2023 will be no different, the committee have been approached by some very excited business owners keen to jump on board to help.
Keen to become a sponsor? Contact us on the webpage details and we'll be in touch.