Hervey Bay Triathlon Club
Current state of play HBTC coaching.
The committee has been investing considerable time and resources to provide a sustainable coaching program to assist our members. There is still some work left to lock this down and launch a date to start activities however below is the draft plan ready for implementation:
* Triathlon Australia have given us the nod to run foundation coach training within our region. We currently have 2 accredited coaches that can facilitate this.
* Our aim is to support our current 3 experienced and accredited club coaches with another 6 foundation level coaches to cover all activities.
* Session plan is 3 per week. Run am Tuesday, Ride am Thursday and Swim am Friday. Additional sessions will be added as we see the need and have available staff.
* Coaching will be provided free to club members (including social) for at least the first 3 months as we fine tune programs and review participation.
* Junior coaching (under 12) will be considered outside of this launch program and be for skills development and basic assistance. Brians junior performance clinics will remain in place and be administered as it traditionally has.
* All sessions will form part on an on going weekly program developed by our senior coaches, these as required will be to prepare our members for club races and key events outlined within the recent survey.
* Desired launch date is late July in line with the new club season. We are looking to have a soft start to some sessions prior to this date and will advise in due course.
* Please keep in mind these will be group sessions administered on the day with what we hope will be a few additional clinics added in. Programs will be generic for the group and although coaches will do their best to assist individually these sessions are not intended to cover the same engagement as having a one on one coaching program facilitated.
Stay updated with our current social sessions by following our live updates on Facebook.
Wednesday runners group. Meets 5.30pm at the all abilities park.
Giant Hervey Bay Group ride Wednesday mornings (seasoned campaigners)
Giant Hervey Bay ladies ride Thursday mornings (all welcome)
Social groups, ride and swim session contacts:
Hervey Bay Triathlon Club
HBTC Training and Racing Group
Funky Friday Splashers
Hervey Bay Swim Club
Hervey Bay Humpbacks masters swimming club
Hervey Bay Surf Lifesaving Club
Giant Hervey Bay
Fraser Coast Cycling club
Park Run Hervey Bay
Park Run Maryborough
Fraser Coast Council/ aquatic centres